At CAIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS, INC. ["Company" or "we"], we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access, use, download, or install our CAIASOFT™ software (including, without limitation, Software as a Service (SaaS) or locally hosted software) [the "Software"].
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information that we collect in the Software and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Software.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites that you may access through the Software.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Software is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will plan to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at:
CAIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS, INC.
PO Box 1657
Dover, NH 03821
Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of our Software:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Software.
Information That You Provide To Us
When you download, register with, or use the Software, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, company, job function, telephone number, social security number, or any other information that may be collected that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline [collectively, "personal information"].
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information may include:
- Information that you may provide by filling in forms in the Software. This includes information provided at the time of downloading or registering to use the Software, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report any problem with the Software.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to any surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Software and of the fulfillment of any orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Software or our website.
- Your search queries on the Software.
- Other types of information that the user may provide.
You may provide information to be published or displayed ["Posted"] on public areas of websites you access through the Software or our website or social media pages [collectively, "User Contributions"]. Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Software, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Software, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Software, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Software.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer or other device and internet connection, including any unique computer or device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and device telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Software also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your computer or other device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Software may now or in the future collect real-time information about the location of your computer or other device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Software, or delete it from your computer or other device. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies
The technologies that we may use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or other mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Software.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Software and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related Software statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Other technologies.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Software or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include, without limitation:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Software. The information that they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control tracking technologies of third parties or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about opting out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
How We May Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Software and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Software updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Other uses.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Software and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Software according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Software.
We may use location information that we collect.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
We may use information that we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, or information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we may use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Software users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an "email a friend" feature, we may transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Software End User License Agreement [the "EULA"], terms of sale for goods and services, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you may provide to us. This section describes mechanisms that we may provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Software to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Software may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by logging into the Software and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Software and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt out by logging into the Software and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ["NAI"] on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Software and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permit users of our Software that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
CAIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS, INC.
PO Box 1657
Dover, NH 03821
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us may be stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology or other encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Software, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Software like message boards. The information that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Software.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Software. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we provide.
CAIA Software & Solutions, Inc.
PO Box 1657
Dover, NH 03821